Applications for 2021 residencies are open and are due by midnight on May 31, 2020. All applicants will be notified of their status by September 1, 2020.
Please review all program details and contact staff with any questions before applying.
2021 Residency Dates
January 8 – February 1, 2021 (3.5 weeks)
January 18 – February 1, 2021 (2 weeks)
February 5 – March 1, 2021 (3.5 weeks)
February 15 – March 1, 2021 (2 weeks)
March 5 – 29, 2021 (3.5 weeks)
March 15 – 29, 2021 (2 weeks)
Applications are reviewed by a panel of AiR Program alumni as well as other peer artists and curators using the following criteria:
* The applicant articulates a creative practice that is contextualized with clear themes, concepts, and/or intentions.
* The applicant’s work…
– moves you or makes you want to learn more
– has strong concepts/ideas/perspective
– is dynamic and rigorous
– demonstrates cultural integrity and ethical use of material with specific cultural origins and context.
* The applicant’s materials demonstrate growth in their work or, if the applicant is less experienced, the potential for development.
* The applicant has a compelling vision for utilizing their residency
* The applicant articulates how the residency will contribute to the development of their work.
* The applicant and their work align with AiR program priorities (above).
* The applicant demonstrates understanding of how to utilize a residency.
* The work is feasible to accomplish at Caldera given our location, facilities, and resources.
If you have questions, please contact Maesie Speer, Arts Center Programs Director. Email: AiR@CalderaArts.org, Phone: 503.937.3075.